It’s time we take a look at the changing world around us.
Corporations are coming face to face with being in need of running their businesses differently. If you do not make the transformations needed, you will face difficult financial times.
It is best for you to understand that technology and the internet have opened doors for people that have never been opened before. These developments already have impacted your company and will continue to do so.
In order to be successful doing business in the future, you will need to make certain your staff is properly trained. Not only that they are trained but how you train your staff needs to be addressed. Corporate learning will take on a more important role. It is vital that your team have the training needed to keep up with the changes.
Focus on Building a Complete Learning Experience
Using the internet to your advantage will help you to build a complete learning experience for your team. It is important that you focus on creating a learning environment. Here are some things you should do to make this happen.
- Face to face learning– there is always a place for sit down learning time. Whether this is in the form of a speaker or one on one meetings, you should have an occasional face to face learning opportunities.
- Videos– many people are putting together educational and motivational videos that will teach your staff concepts you want them to have. These forms of learning will give your team the flexibility they need to schedule a time to watch the videos.
- Online courses– people that are just hitting the job market from college are accustomed to online courses. There is a convenience in this type of education as well as familiarity.
- Reliable blogs– there is a wealth of free reading material out there that you can point your employees to. Just be sure you are giving them websites that are written by those that are authorities in the field.
- Job rotations– to really understand a company and grow in skills, some companies are focusing on job rotations. They bring in untrained individuals and then train them from the ground up. After 6-8 months of working in one area, they are moved to another area of the company to learn that end of things. This makes for well-rounded employees. Not only that, it keeps them feeling fresh in the job.
The many different ways you can teach your staff will continue to grow. If you want to stay relevant to the workforce as well as your customers, you will need to focus on training your staff. #
We would love to hear your comments. Please comment below or contact us today!
Sustainable Growth & Profit Consultant, Coach, Mentor and Counselor/Therapist for Business Owners and Professional.
Written for us by our associate Gary Sorrell, Sorrell Associates, LLC. All rights reserved worldwide.